School Age Program
School Age Child Care Program in Ashland Ohio
School Age children are very active, curious, and eager to learn. They are much more cooperative and able to develop close friendships with their peers. Their desire to be independent and assume responsibility makes them truly delightful little individuals. Our Ashland OH school age child care curriculum exposure includes a variety of opportunities designed to meet the individual learning needs of each child.
When you choose our Ashland OH child care center, you and your school age child becomes part of our large, loving family! Choosing your care provider is one of the most important decisions that a parent can make. We want to ensure you that our school age care program is superior in educational services, nurturing activities, gross motor skills, and providing an excellent learning environment for all of our young ones.
Why Choose Our Ashland Ohio School Age Child Care Program?
- Our school age child care program in Ashland OH encompasses educational activities that procure the development of early childhood development from 5 years old to 8th grade.
- We put family first, and both your school age and you become our family.
- Safety and cleanliness are essential. We also make sure they have lots of monitored “freedoms” in a completely safe environment. At this age, children tend to have better control over their individual behaviors.
- We treat each school age with individual care and nurture them with a trained staff of skilled care providers.
- We encourage parents to stay involved and provide incomparable communication about our school age care with each parent.
- We are selective about choosing our child care providers. All of our staff receives ongoing training so that they are always at the top of school age care education and nurturing.
- We offer convenient choices to help assist with your busy schedules.
School Age Child Care Services in Ashland OH
We treat each school age with the care that best suits him or her. All of our meals are nutritious and filling.
Our Ashland Ohio School age child care activities include, but are not limited to:
- Motor skill activities
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Developing sense of self
- Social skill development
- Developing sense of community
- Monitoring daily activity response
- Problem solving
- Development of language
- Educational creative activities
- Cognitive Growth
Meet the Director of School Age Child Care [Ashland OH]
About Mindy Hazel
My name is Mindy Hazel, I am the director of Milestones Learning Center of Ashland. My background has been in the educational field for over 10 years. I attended the University of Akron and graduated with my Bachelor’s of Science in Education, I was part of the National Scholars Honor Society and a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority. I make my home in Wooster Ohio, I have 3 children and 2 dogs. My oldest son is in High School Band and Wrestling. My middle daughter enjoys gymnastics, and my youngest is an aspiring artist with her drawings and coloring. My two dogs are Molly and Daisy, they are rescue dogs from Summit County Animal Control. I taught 3rd grade for Hope Academy University in Akron for five years. I then moved over to Middlebury Prep Academy and taught 3rd grade for 2 ½ years. My teaching partner and I created an after school program for our students grades 3 to 8 called A New Way Project. This program offered students a chance to stay off the streets and become involved in a creative project, giving them opportunities to create, skits, music, art, poetry, spoken word and videography. Our students compiled their work into a show that was performed at the end of the school year.
My Experience in Infant Care
After teaching for 7 years, I decided to try something new with daycare and preschool. I started working at ‘Round The Clock Child Care Center and became the office manager and curriculum director. I worked there for 2 years and then taught preschool through Head Start. I am so happy now to call Milestones Learning Center of Ashland my new home! I am blessed by this wonderful opportunity as a director for this new adventure. I want to thank the staff of Milestones for making my transition into this position smooth.
Director of Milestones Learning Center of Ashland OH
Contact Milestones Learning Center for School Age Child Care
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions concerning our Ashland OH child care facility. We are more than happy to meet with you in person during a tour or discuss over the phone all questions you may have. After all, your child is the most precious little being in the world!
Call us at (740) 363-2000 to schedule a tour of our Ashland OH child care center or fill out our request form! We are so happy to make you part of our family!
Contact Us to Schedule a Tour of our Child Care Facility
Milestones Learning Center
Ashland , OH
Our goal is to provide a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment that allows your school age child the independent exploration and discovery of the world.
Ages: 6 Weeks to 12 Year-Olds
Open: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
Enroll your child at our school age child center in Ashland Ohio.[fc id='7'][/fc]